Freshly rescued from our tropical getaway where we started fires with Nikkor lenses, beat away native beasts with Arguses, and swam underwater with our Nikonos, the guys and I have come to the realization that we’ve spent a lot of time in recent episodes talking about some of the same camera brands. We thought we would devote our next episode to some of the most underappreciated camera brands.
Of course, this being the Camerosity Podcast, we don’t always have control over what we talk about, so while some very underappreciated camera brands do get discussed, we go down several rabbit holes that are just as interesting. If you want to hear about burglaries and what happens to camera collectors after they die, this is the episode for you!
Joining us on this episode are returning callers, Robert Rotoloni, Ira Cohen, Mark Peterson, Larry Effler, James Allen, David Ortega, Howard Sandler, and Mark Faulkner, and first time callers Joseph Brunjes and Tony Colvin. As always, the topics we discuss on the show are heavily influenced by our callers and for this episode, a great number of cameras and models are brought up by our callers that a scripted show would likely never cover.
Every episode, the topics we discuss on the Camerosity Podcast are decided entirely upon you, so if you’d like to join us next time, be sure to look out for our next show announcement for Episode 29, which will be recorded on Monday, June 27th!
This Week’s Episode
- Robert Clarifies Why the Nikon F Has a Strange Mirror Lockup / 21mm Lenses
- Yashica f/1.2 Lens with Notched Rear Element / Carl Zeiss Biogon Came First
- Ira Has His Entire Collection Stolen Twice / Built His First Collection with His Father / Anthony Gets His Entire Collection Stolen Too
- Theo Was Burgled Once in London / Store Your Camera Stuff in Diaper Bags / Don’t use Fancy Camera Bags when Traveling
- Mike Owes Mark Peterson Some Film, Then Talks About His Basement Again!
- Paul Has an Awesome Darkroom in His Basement
- Ira Shows Off his Wirgin Komet SLR (Predecessor to the Wirgin Edixa) / Alpha and Omega Cameras (First and Last)
- Mike Reviews Ira’s Eigenbau Kamera Made in the UK / Biflex / Tessina L Shoots Smaller Images on Regular 35mm
- Bolsey Jubilee Is a Bolsey B2 With German Lens and Shutter and Fancy Top Plate
- Bencini Koroll S and Bencini Comet Cameras are Cool But Strange
- We Don’t Talk About Yashica, No, No, Noooo / Yashica Lynx-14 and Ministers are Great / Yashica Electro 35 CC and GL
- Minolta V2 Has a 1/2000 Top Speed / Minolta Used Citizen Shutters to Get Very Fast Shutters / Minolta Uniomat III
- Another Cool Minolta is the Auto Wide / Minolta A-Series Shutters are Installed Backwards
- The Minolta SRT-MC is the Kmart Minolta / 2 Millionth Minolta Maxxum / Maxxum with Crossed X’s / Exxon Lawsuit
- Shooting Minolta Cameras with Gloves / Maxxum 7 / Maxxum 650si
- Konica Auto-Reflex and Autorex / The Original Konica F / Konica F-Mount / Konica FS / Koni-Omega Rapid
- Tessina Film / Spring Wound Cameras / Polaroid SLR 680 / Rollei 6008 / Rollei A110
- SLRs with Front and Rear Shutter Releases / Zenit 16
- Rollei 35 vs Minox 35 / Minox GTE / DAG Can CLA Minox 35s
- How to Develop 127 Film / Leicaflex SL2 / Cameras with Weird Locations for Batteries / Ira Hates Asymmetrical Cameras
- Mike Busts Some Paul Myths / Konica L / Paul Makes Deals Even When Mike Was There
- Tony Loves the Mamiya 1000 SLR and the Kowa Six and 66 / Graflex Graphic 35 Jet
- What To Do With Our Collections When We Die
If you would like to offer feedback or contact us with questions or ideas for future episodes, please contact us in the Comments Section below, our Camerosity Facebook Group or Instagram page, or email us at [email protected].
The Official Camerosity Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/camerositypodcast
Camerosity Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/camerosity_podcast/
Camerosity Twitter – https://twitter.com/CamerosityPod
Joseph Brunjes – https://www.josephbrunjes.com/index
Robert Rotoloni – https://www.facebook.com/Nikon-Historical-Society-193619477350338/
Mark Faulkner – https://thegashaus.com/
Howard Sandler – https://www.flickr.com/photos/hsandler
Theo Panagopoulos – https://www.photothinking.com/
Paul Rybolt – https://www.ebay.com/usr/paulkris
Camerosity can also be heard on the following services: