Another year is in the books! There have been 23 episodes of the Camerosity Podcast this year, and as we close out 2022, the guys and I thought it would be fun to play some trivia. The first ever Camerosity Trivia Challenge pits the hosts against our listeners in a 25 question (actually 24) multiple choice challenge. Follow along with us to determine who is the most knowledgeable of our listeners and hosts! Mike created the questions, but Anthony, Paul and Theo had no unfair advantage as they didn’t know the questions beforehand. For those of you listening at home, I read out all of the questions and possible answers, so each of you can see how you would have done!
Joining us on this episode are returning callers Mark Faulker, Andrew Smith, Aiden Dean, and David Ortega, and first time caller, Atabak Taghizadeh. Atabak is not only a long time listener of the show, but is also our first Iranian caller, expanding the reach of the podcast to a whole new country!
In addition to trivia, I make note of a Pentax rangefinder lens that we missed from the previous episode, we discuss shooting cameras in extreme cold, and our tips and tricks for traveling with cameras. We all share our three most memorable cameras we shot from 2022, Theo shares some pickups from the Sydney Camera Show and Atabak shares with us a truly one of a kind custom panoramic Minolta XE-7 SLR that is totally wild and is sure to evoke a huge amount of GAS in everyone who listens!
As always, the topics we discuss on the Camerosity Podcast are decided by you. We would love to hear from more listeners, especially those who are new to shooting film or collecting cameras. Please don’t feel like you have to be an expert on a specific type of camera, or have the level of knowledge on par with other people on the show. We LOVE people who are new to shooting and would love to have an episode dedicated to people new to the hobby, so please don’t consider your knowledge level to be a prerequisite for joining!
The guys and I rarely know where each episode is going to go until it happens, so if you’d like to join us on a future episode, be sure to look out for our show announcements on our Camerosity Podcast Facebook page, and right here on mikeeckman.com. We record every other Monday and announcements, along with the Zoom link are typically shared 2-3 days in advance.
If you want to join us for our next episode, we will record Episode 40 on Monday, January 2nd. Be sure to stay tuned for the official announcement!
This Week’s Episode
- Camerosity Podcast vs Classic Camera Revival: Who is the Nerdiest? / Let Mike Gutterman Know!
- Asahi Did Make a Pentax LTM M39 Rangefinder Lens, the Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 Special
- 3 Cameras that Stood Out: Anthony – Olympus XA4, Topcon RE Super, Voigtländer Bessa II Rangefinder
- Mark – Corfield Periflex, Fujica Compact Deluxe, Nikon F2
- David – Canon SD20 and Barn Find Black Nikon SP
- Aiden – Four Graflex XLs, Olympus XA, Leica M6 / Paul’s Tips for Cleaning the XA Door
- Paul – Nikon S2, Fuji G617, Plaubel 69W / Different Kinds of Plaubels
- Theo – Mamiya 7, Voigtländer Superb, Nikon Coolpix 995
- Using Nikon Coolpix 990 Series Cameras with Telescopes / Reading Old Flash Sticks
- Paul Loans a Nikon/Fujix E2Ns DSLR to Mike and He’s Blown Away By It
- ++ CAMEROSITY TRIVIA CHALLENGE ++
- Mike’s Tips for Traveling with Cameras is To Not Bring Twelve / Three is the Perfect Number
- Mike F**ks Up Developing 4 Rolls of Film Using Bad HC-110 / Shooting in the Cold
- Civilian vs Military Kardons / Military Kardons Still Worked at -67 Degrees
- The Kodak Signet 35 Was Designed for Military Use
- Theo Goes to the Sydney Camera Show and Picks Up an Ensign Commando
- Schneider Tele-Xenar 180mm f/5.5 M42 Lens / Canon Photura / Ricoh FF-3 / Robot II / AGFA Isomat
- Mike Got GAS From a Previous Episode and Got an Olympus IS-2 / Aiden Picks Up a Leica Ig
- Atabak’s Strange and Wonderful Panoramic Minolta XE-7 / The Lens is From a Fuji GS645 Camera / Comparisons to Hasselblad XPan
- A Call Out to Beginners to the Film World, Jon Us! / Thank You All for an Amazing 2022, See You Next Year!
If you would like to offer feedback or contact us with questions or ideas for future episodes, please contact us in the Comments Section below, our Camerosity Facebook Group or Instagram page, or email us at [email protected].
The Official Camerosity Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/camerositypodcast
Camerosity Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/camerosity_podcast/
Camerosity Twitter – https://twitter.com/CamerosityPod
Mark Faulkner – https://thegashaus.com/
Theo Panagopoulos – https://www.photothinking.com/
Camerosity can also be heard on the following services: