It’s an all new year and an all new episode of the Camerosity Podcast! We’re back at our regular time for some call in camera discussion!
For episode 17, Theo, Paul, Anthony, and I were joined by returning callers Dan Hausman, Hong Lee, Mark Faulkner, Mark Peterson, and Miles Libak where we posed the question, “What are the worst cameras you’ve ever used that have the best lenses?” It proved to be a worthwhile discussion as it spawned a lot of strong opinions, and some controversy! Definitely check it out and maybe next time, you can tell us which cameras you don’t like…or something completely different!
As always, the topics we discuss on the Camerosity Podcast are decided entirely upon you, so if you’d like to join us, be sure to look out for our next show announcement for Episode 18, which we will record at our normal time of 7pm CST (UTC -6), 8pm EST (UTC -5) on Monday, January 24th.
This Week’s Episode
- Paul’s Worst Camera Best Lens – Zenit SLR with M39 Helios
- M39 Flange Distance on SLRs vs Rangefinders / Chinese Great Wall DF-3
- Anthony’s Worst Camera Best Lens – Kodak Chevron
- The Kodak Medalist and 1930s Kodak Prototypes
- You Couldn’t Get Cameras from Germany After WWII / Peter Kardon’s Leica Copy
- Theo’s Worst Camera Best Lens – KW Praktiflex with M40 Zeiss Biotar / Adapting M40 Lenses
- Mike’s Worst Camera Best Lens – Canon AF35ML / Early Auto Focus Technology / Polaroid Sonar
- Hong’s New Contax IIa / Only Two Kinds of Contaxes, Ones That Don’t Work and Ones that Have been Repaired
- Mark Hansen Repairs Contaxes in the US
- Dan’s Worst Camera Best Lens – Zeiss Contarex Bullseye SLR
- Mike’s Gone 127 Crazy / Foth Derby / Zeiss-Ikon Kolibri / Tokyo Kogaku Primo Jr.
- Mark’s Worst Camera Best Lens – Rollei XF35/Voigtländer VF135 and the Kodak Medalist
- Yashica 44 is Easy to Adapt to 35mm
- Kowa Komaflexes are Very Fragile / Jon Gilchrist of Packard Shutter Company Can Repair Them
- Cameras You Didn’t Like But Others Do / Hasselblads / Rolleiflexes / Canonet Rangefinders / Yashica Lynx-14
- The Minolta Autocord and Ricoh Diacord Have Better Ergonomics than Rolleis
- The Polaroid SX-70 Was Way Better with the Original Polaroid Film
- Polaroid Transfers and Polaroid SX70 Film Hacking / NONS Instax Camera
- Miles Libak Joins and Hates the Canonet / Anthony Is Ho-Hum About the Canonflex
- The One That Got Away – Super Ikonta 616 Camera / Irwin Super Tri-Reflex
- Mark P Bought a Nikonos II / Nikonos Under and Above Water Lenses
- Dan Bought a 153mm Kodak Ektra Telephoto and a 190mm Zeiss Ektra TV Ektanon Lens
- Mark Bought a Peerflekta TLR
If you would like to offer feedback or contact me with questions or ideas for future episodes, please contact us in the Comments Section below, our Camerosity Facebook Group or Instagram page, or email us at [email protected].
The Official Camerosity Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/camerositypodcast
Camerosity Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/camerosity_podcast/
Mark Faulkner – https://thegashaus.com/
Dan Hausman – http://historiccamera.com/club/occs/
Theo Panagopoulos – https://www.photothinking.com/
Paul Rybolt – https://www.ebay.com/usr/paulkris
Anthony Rue – https://www.instagram.com/kino_pravda/
Camerosity can also be heard on the following services: